Sunday 2 June 2013

One week to go

My real goal is to ride around the world. It is not a non stop trip, I am doing it in chunks.

This chunk is an exciting part of the big plan, I'm expecting most of the USA section to be sort of civilised. Unlike some of my previous journeys I am hoping we don't get shot at or caught in a civil war.

I have a very small pile of clothes on the dining room table most of it is cycling related and that is all I propose taking on this trip.


I have been talking about doing this ride since I arrived back from Tajikistan last year, and am getting both excited and bit nervous about the ride. Excited ? sure why wouldn't you be its 6500kms across the USA and who knows what the road has in store. Nervous ? sure why wouldn't you be, its 6500kms across the USA and again who knows what the road has in store !!.

The good things about this ride:
1) I am sure I can eat almost anything served up to me. - Different to China
2) I speak the same language as most of the people I will ride by - Yes we Australians speak English all be it with a strange accent
3) It's Motels NOT Camping - Yeeha  - way different to Russia and China
4) I think the roads will be in reasonable condition. - Different to almost everywhere.
     and last but by no means least -
5) I can use a knife and fork and not be stared at  !!

Ahhh - behold a thing of "Beauty"
 

This section I have brought back from retirement the "Salsa Casseroll" the steel bike I used on the ride from St Petersberg to Venice. It's a beautiful bike to ride but PIG UGLY to look at. The gold colour is disgusting, lucky that I shall be astride the machine so spectators will be marvelling at the rider rather than the bike  !! 

IMPORTANT INFO

As on the China ride on the top right of the blog is a link to wherever I am on whatever day you choose to check out the ride. Have a look you can see me whizzing across the USA, hour by hour day by day, you can live my life from far away. ( this is not compulsory )

If you have any comments or questions just post them in the comments section at the foot of the page and I will try to answer you next time I log on. Please don't expect to many serious answers I don't take life or myself too seriously as most of you should know. 

Janette is being been great about her absentee husband again and I love her dearly for giving me the chance to live out my dream. Or perhaps she really enjoys life with me on the road and far away  ??  As both the boys are now living away from home, Janette only has the fish at home to keep her company.
I asked her if she tracked me across China, she just gave me that knowing look. I guess that's a NO.!!

1 comment:

  1. For Christ sake how are you going to get around the USA if you ride around in circles

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - go for it !!